11/28/2016

✥ Incredible India ✥


I’ve travelled a bit in my life and I have never found a country quite like India. It truly deserves its nickname ‘Incredible India’. The vibrancy, the life, the chaos, everything seems amplified in this country so full of potent energy. Creatively it is the most inspiring country Ive ever been to. Simple street scenes can seem like a work of art. The bejewelled Rajasthani women working the rich green fields in their vibrant coloured saris. Sitting atop a roof top cafe looking down at the people, the rickshaws, the cars, the animals all navigating their paths in the chaos of the streets. The trucks, ahhh the beautifully adorned trucks! Its all just so inspiring and ignites the creative mind. So when I started researching ethically accredited factories I was very happy when it drew me to this inspiring country.
Our new factory is GOTS and SEDEX Certified and work to the ETL Standard. So what does that mean? Here's how google puts it -
GOTSThe Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including ecological and social criteria, backed up by independent certification of the entire textile supply chain.
SEDEXSedex is an innovative and effective supply chain management solution. Sedex is a not for profit membership organisation dedicated to driving improvements in ethical and responsible business practices in global supply chains.
ETLA product bearing the ETL Listed Mark is determined to have met the minimum requirements of prescribed product safety standards. Moreover, the mark indicates that Liton's production site conforms to a range of compliance measures and is subject to periodic follow-up inspections to verify continued conformance.
So what does that mean to us? Garments that are stitched up and worked on by staff that are treated right, paid well and work in a pleasant environment. Our garments are derived from fabrics that are certified organic when available otherwise we will always chose a more sustainable cloth option. In short garments that you can feel good about purchasing and wearing knowing that they are kinder on mother nature and those that inhabit it. 

✿☽☾✿

Photo cred: From my 2011 trip with friend Felicia. A chap we found just sitting on wall #pictureperfect

1 comment:

  1. So today's post features what I like to wear on days when I don't want to really get out of my comfy house clothes. This kimono style robe/jacket drew me in with it's print and I just thought it would be perfect for feeling comfy and cozy but still having a reason to smile on days that seem endless. However, if you know me, you know I want to be able to make my existing pieces go the extra mile and honestly, there's just no way I'm going to keep this print confined to comfort. So I'm sharing 6 ways to wear a kimono jacket when you wanna go out on the town!
    shoulder tote bag

    ReplyDelete